Thursday, October 4, 2012

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

Boy another month got past me without posts, life gets busy you know?? In the meantime photos and recipes stack up and aren't getting posted...My goal, as of right now, is to get two or three posts ahead and schedule them a week apart so I'll have a few posts ahead.... :)  I've missed you guys out there!!  Oh, isn't the black and white plate awesome??? It's my MIL's, we found it in this great little kitchen store in Farmington called Mixed Up, I can no longer go to said store because, I spend wayyy to much money there! 

These delightful muffins are fresh and light.  I've replaced the oil that the original recipe uses for Greek yogurt which allows for moist, scrumptious muffins.  If you have frozen berries in your freezer, this is a great way to use them up!  The lemon really jazzes this recipe and compliments the raspberry well.

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

3/4 Cup plain greek yogurt
1 T lemon juice
2 egg whites
1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 - 2 cups of frozen raspberries

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, egg whites. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the frozen raspberries. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups..
  3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Those look soooo yummy. My next trip downstate may take me through Farmington to check out the shop you've mentioned.