Friday, March 16, 2012

Things I've been working on

 Last night I made homemade pizzas for supper.  Hawiiaan BBQ Chicken, recipe previously blogged, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and Fresh Basil, tomato and Mozzarella pearl pizza.  By the way, most anyone who knows me knows that I HATE pizza.  I have for as long as I remember, and yet, lately, I make pizza all the time! The key, for me, is that none of these pizza's have a red pizza sauce...turns out that is what I really don't like.  It allows me to be very creative with dough and toppings and it's fun!


Cucumber Mint Limeade....sounds a little weird but don't knock it till you try it!!! It's refreshing and the cucumber and mint are surprisingly good together!  I've been test driving flavored lemonades for my sister in laws upcoming bridal shower.  So far I'm 2-0 on that score. Here is the link to the original source for the limeade.


Cucumber Mint Limeade
1 Can frozen Limeade, mixed (4 1/3 cans of cold water)
1 half cucumber, washed and sliced
12 mint leaves, washed and chopped
1 lime sliced

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher, Serve chilled.  The longer it has to sit the stronger the cucumber and mint flavors will be!
 I have a confession to makes....I'm addicted to Buffalo Chicken...anything. Dip, Pizza, Bites, Mac and Cheese...I love it, my mouth waters at just a whiff of that delightful sauce....

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of chili seasoning
1 Cup Franks Hot Wing sauce, divided
2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese,
1/2 Cup mozzarella pearls, halved
1/2 batch of perfect pizza crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees with pizza stone inside. 

Cook Chicken in a medium skillet on medium heat.  Add garlic salt, pepper and chili seasoning.  When chicken is cooked through add Frank's Hot Wing Sauce (less 3 Tablespoons you'll need for your crust) Allow to cook down a little bit, about 5 minutes.

On parchment paper, spread dough out into a circle roughly the size of your pizza stone.  When stone is hot carefully remove from oven.  Carefully flip the dough over onto stone and peel off parchment paper.  Spread 3 Tablespoons of Franks Hot Wing Sauce on crust, Cover with shredded mozzarella, Chicken mixture and mozzarella pearls.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crust is golden.
Fresh Basil, tomato and Mozzarella Pearl Pizza
1 1/2 Cups of shredded  mozzarella
1 Roma tomato, sliced
12-15 fresh basil leaves, sliced (more if you like)
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 Cup fresh mozzarella pearls, halved
3 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 with Pizza baking stone inside.

On parchment paper, spread pizza dough out into a circle roughly the size of your pizza stone.  When stone is hot carefully remove from oven.  Carefully flip the dough over onto stone and peel off parchment paper.  Laying the crust onto a hot stone makes the crust start cooking immediately and it makes it a little crispy.  Spread the olive oil onto crust, cover with the shredded mozzarella, basil, tomato slices and mozzarella pearls.  Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar Sprinkle garlic powder and black pepper of the top if you prefer.  Bake 12-15 minutes until crust is golden.

This should do for pizza recipes for awhile....unless I am inspired by some unique flavors that is!! :) 


3 comments:

Meaghan said...

ooooohh I can't wait to try the cucumber mint limeade! And way to go Matt on the pizza shot :) It looks great.

Rita said...

I am so enjoying your blog. I whipped up your salad dressing last night after picking up Greek yogurt. What makes it Greek? It sure is good. Bob loved the dressing and we were both ready to roll in the twice baked potatoes. I think the leftover potatoes will warm up quite well as potato cakes for breakfast. How decadent does that sound?

Unknown said...

It's so exciting that your making my recipes!
Greek yogurt is made of goats milk (Greek style is cows milk) and its strained to make it thicker, I'm a big fan!