Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dill Dip

Dip.  Such a simple thing.  It jazzes up veggies, potato chips, tortilla chips, sandwiches, fruit....it's a very versatile food....one of my favorites!  I've rarely made a dip I didn't like and when I came across this one on Pinterest and had all of the ingredients on hand...well I couldn't very well resist could I? I thought not.  I basically followed her recipe, just a few additions of my own (her blog is great by the way so check it out here!  My mother in law makes Oatmeal Carmelitas, which is featured on buns in my oven's page today and they are to. die. for. seriously.  Mamie's recipe is a little different but I'm sure Karly's are great.  Anyhow.  The weather in Maine has been crazy this week, warm warm warm!  On warm days when I'm forced to put my pasty white legs out on display for the world to see and pretend I couldn't care less, I need comfort..today the comfort is in the form of this yummy dip....and the triple threat brownie bars that are baking in the oven (I'll post them later!) 



Dill Dip with Pickles

2 bars 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
1/2 cup of finely chopped dill pickles
1 Tablespoon pickle juice
1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
4-6 drops of Tabasco sauce (optional)
fresh dill

Using a blender, blend cream cheese and pickle juice together until creamy.  Add remaining ingredients. Garnish with fresh dill.  Refrigerate 1 or 2 hours before serving.  Great with veggies and chips too!

2 comments:

Rita said...

The dill pickles I made last fall are sour enough to curl your hair - well, maybe straighten yours. I can't wait to try them in your recipe.

Did I mention I can't register on pinterest without dealing with face book. Makes me GRUmpy!

Unknown said...

I was thinking of your zucchini relish too! I meant to write that but must have gotten distracted....... :)