Thursday, March 22, 2012

Triple Threat Brownie Bars

So if your as obsessed with Pinterest as I am (and if you're not why ever not??) then you have definitely seen some version of these bars 1000 times.  I, however, have made them today from my cousin Tracy's recent post on our family blog.  She cleaned up the title as well :) So if you have desire to sabotage any semblance of a diet you may be on....these are worth it!!!  Things to consider: You can certainly use your own chocolate chip cookie dough, I didn't because I didn't have the time or ingredients today.  You can use any cookie you want in the center, I was thinking caramel delights or thin mints but Oreos were on sale.  Spending an extra 50 cents on the fudgey brownie batter...is money well spent :)  After I poured the brownie batter on top I wished I'd drizzled Caramel sauce on top of the oreos...it was too late for me but you may still have time!





Triple Threat Brownie Bars

2 rolls of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package of Oreos, or cookies of your choice approx 30 cookies
1 box of fudgey brownie batter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 9x13 pan

Spread cookie dough into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.  Lay cookies on top of cookie dough. ( I want to say that I did 4 across and 8 down but I could be making that up and I didn't take a picture and they've been cut already so bear with me.)  Pour brownie batter across the top and smooth over the Oreos.

Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.  Mine were still pretty fudgey but that's my preference.
Enjoy!!


2 comments:

Rita said...

Bob fetched a package of those from the freezer sometime last night then tried to deny this morning that it was him. I fixed him. By the time he left for work at 6 he'd had two warm molasses/ginger cookies. I had to bundle them into the freezer because I've been home today. I thought better of putting ALL of them in the freezer and rescued one bag. The recipe was in yesterday's Bangor Daily and they are really good. Maybe they come out better when it's nearly the first thing you do in the morning.

2 packages of cookie dough? I stretched one aiming to be conservative but nest time... it will be a different story.

Julie said...

Oh dear heavens, I have been trying my best to avoid this recipe, but alas, I will succumb and join you all in this most delicious sounding recipe....I think it was the suggestion of caramel that got me. Company tonight will help my ever expanding waistline some, but the rest I will squarely blame on my beautiful darling nieces!...and of course Rita who has a gift for making everything sound delightful! Love, love, love your blog Mich.