Monday, April 23, 2012

Brownie Batter Dip

 There is a blog I follow that I get some really great recipes from called Crumbs and Chaos...maybe I just relate to the name or maybe I just really have good luck with the recipes I try from there, either way check these lovely ladies out! 

While perusing their site the other day I came across a recipe for Brownie Batter Dip.  Now I like chocolate and all but sweets are not necessarily my thing, I'm more of a savory girl but, alas, this did catch my eye and I knew I had the perfect opportunity to make it coming up so make it I did!

This yummy concoction was a crowd pleaser and, I think, it's a great option if you looking for something a little outside the box to take or make for a shower or party!

Brownie Batter Dip
  • 8 oz CREAM CHEESE (I used 1/3 less fat)
  • 1/2 cup BUTTER (room temp)
  • 2-3 cup POWDERED SUGAR -- varies by desired consistency I only needed 2 C
  • 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
  • 5 Tablespoons FLOUR
  • 5 Tablespoons COCOA POWDER
  • 2 Tablespoons BROWN SUGAR
  • 3+ Tablespoons MILK -- varies by desired consistency
  • a few chocolate chips and a sprig of mint for garnish
Preparation:
 Using a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese, yogurt and butter.  Add 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time.  Add 2 Tablespoons of milk.  Add flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar and vanilla.  Blend until smooth.  You may need to add more sugar to stiffen the dip or milk to loosen it a bit.

I used graham crackers, Nilla wafers and pretzels for dipping,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds sinfully delicious!

Unknown said...

Oh Debbie it IS!!!!