Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix and Ranch Dip

Lately I've been all about "making it myself" I'd love to say that it's because I like to know what I eat, it's healthier, cheaper ect...and don't get me wrong, all of those things are true BUT the main reason might just be that since Camden was born it is a lot harder to just 'run' to the grocery store!  Anyway since a situation that found me without ranch dressing one night led me to making my own and it turned out great! and it was easy!!  Here's the recipe, now try it!!

Ranch Seasoning Mix

2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Store dry mix with your spices in a jar and it will keep for quite awhile!

Ranch dip

1/3 cup plain low fat greek yogurt, 1/4 Cup of low fat milk and 2 Tablespoons of dry mix, blended well.  Great with fresh veggies!

Ranch dressing
1/3 Cup plain low fat greek yogurt, 1/4-1/2 cup low fat milk and 2 Tablespoons of dry mix blended to the consistency you would want for dressing, just keep slowly adding milk until you get a creamy pourable mixture.  This dressing will last up to 3 days in the fridge.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I love recipes that call for exactly what I have in the cupboard or refrigerator. I can't wait to try this one. What else should I be doing with the Greek yogurt?

Unknown said...

Anything! You can pretty much substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream and sometimes mayo like I did in the dressing recipe!