Monday, August 20, 2012

Rosemary Mint Fabric Softener

While perusing Pinterest one day I came across a recipe that caught my eye.  It is called "Rebecca's Rosemary Mint Fabric Softener" And it seemed to be very budget friendly.  I thought, well, what do I have to lose?  I'll try it. 
These are the only ingredients you need, storage not included.  I did buy the wrong size conditioner but it is fine. 

Now I have to say that I normally don't even use fabric softener so I'm not sure why I thought I needed to make some, that said, I really like it.  In the summer I hang a lot of our clothes out on the line and they are softer when they come in, must work then right???  Here is what you need.

6 Cups water
3 Cups White Vinegar
2 Cups Suave Rosemary Mint Conditioner

Mix together in a 1 gallon container, Stir or whisk lightly but don't shake as you'll get a foamy mess.

To use, dump about 1/4 cup (the amount normally required) into the washer.  Or you can spritz a washcloth until it's pretty wet, let it dry and then use that in your dryer as a dryer sheet, you can probably get 3-4 loads before re-spritzing.

This is my yield. I'm set for fabric softener for awhile!



 

No comments: