Friday, July 6, 2012

Shredded chicken caesar sandwiches

I really wish  that this picture did this sandwich justice.  I'm not kidding.  This was a very easy, very tasty sandwich, and you, yes YOU, need to make it...tonight! :) Pushy aren't I?  

Each Thursday we are blessed to be able to have a family dinner, it's crowded and noisy and crazy, and fun!  We rotate houses each week, the person who is hosting provides the main dish and the others fill in with either salad, appetizer, bread, or dessert, however it works out.  
On day I was trolling through my favorite blogs looking for something a little different to make for dinner on Thursday and I came across the recipe for Crockpot Chicken Ceasar Salad Sandwiches. At Crumbs and Chaos.  The recipe is easy, the flavor, fabulous and in general it was a major hit.  I really think you should try it, it's wonderful. 

Ingredients:
2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 packet of Swanson Chicken Flavor Boost (optional)
1 full bottle of Ceasar dressing, I used Newmans Own, light
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 Cups shredded romaine lettuce
4-6 hamburger buns

Directions:
Place the chicken in crockpot with 1-2 cups of water, and one packet of the chicken flavor boost, and a little salt and pepper, maybe a 1/4 t each.  cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
When the Chicken is done, remove from the crockpot with a slotted spoon and drain water from crockpot. Shred the chicken.  If you have a Kitchenaid, use it! The Paddle attachment shreds meat perfectly! Discard any fat.
Place chicken back into crockpot and add dressing, cheese, and pepper. Stir untilo mixed evenly.  cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixure is hot.  Add parsley, stir.  Spoon mixture onto bun and top with lettuce.
This would be great in wraps as well.

Just so you know, I stopped midway through this post and put some chicken in to cook cause this is what we are having for dinner tonight!!! Maybe I'll even get a better picture!!!  Enjoy loves!

By the way, this delicious treasure is what Theresa brought for desert.  I believe she bought the chocolate cake, topped it with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and some kind of honeyed nut.  It was wonderful!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This looks so good. Will be in my crock pot this coming week!