Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kale Keilbasa Soup and Parmesean Garlic Breadsticks


Craving Olive Garden the other night, and staring at the HUGE bag of Kale in the fridge I decided to make soup. Kale Kielbasa soup is what I came up with, adapted from this recipe. I also made bread sticks using this recipe. I was very pleased with the way the soup came out and the bread sticks were in fact tasty but not exactly what I am looking for....I'll be working on those! Here's my version of Kale Kielbasa soup! Enjoy!

Kale Kielbasa Soup
1 package kielbasa, cubed
6 Large potatoes, cubed (I used russets burbanks)
2 Tablespoons of butter
8 C Chicken stock
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper (I ended up adding about 1 t more at the end)
2 1/2 lbs of Kale, washed and chopped
Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

In a dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove from pot and set aside. Place potatoes, broth and butter in dutch oven and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender. Gently (and carefully) mash potatoes with a potato masher until you get your desired consistency. Add cooked sausage back in pot. Heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.

No comments: